Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Ultimate Christmas Gift for Our Kids

As Christmas fast approaches, I find myself looking around for gifts for my two beautiful kids. I'm sure parents around the country love their kids as much as I do and are always looking at showering their kids with gifts - toys, clothes, books and shoes. Gifts that they never had when they grew up.

As parents we always want the best for our kids but does this mean that we have to buy our kids the best toys? The best clothes? Books and shoes? I mean my kids have received expensive toys and within a day or two, I find these toys at the bottom of the toy box or somewhere lying around the house. And yet there are toys which are inexpensive and simple which my kids have enjoyed for years. I even remember when I turned a large balikbayan box into a small house that was a hit with the kids for a whole week!

Let me ask you a question do you remember the clothes you wore when you were 5? Do you remember the toys that you got when you were 5?

I tell you what I remember most though. I remember when my mom handed me a check for my college tuition every year for the next 4 years. I remember the time that my mom helped me purchase my first house and help me start my business. These things I will never forget!

See my mom never had much money to begin with but she made the right financial decisions. Instead of spending unnecessarily on toys, books, clothes and shoes, she made long term investments for me knowing one day I would need a financial hand.

Now I’m not saying you don't buy your kids any clothes, toys or shoes or even books. What I’m saying is that you limit the amount of money you spend on your kids so that you can save for their future.

Do you know for less than 50 pesos a day you can send your new born baby to a top university like Ateneo or La Salle?

For more information on how I can help you email me on
hoover@barongroup.com.ph.

No comments:

Post a Comment